Find out how you can maximize the use of Evalubox in your organization..
Evalubox has been an excellent guide for me as an SLP that is new to school based evaluations. Coming from a clinic setting, I was a bit nervous about making sure all necessary information was included in an organized way in my reports. This tool has been very helpful in completing thorough, organized evaluations in a reasonable amount of time.
Frequently asked questions
- How will Evalubox save me time in my report writing?
- Evalubox uses electronic forms that automatically integrate into your report template. No more going through a pile of intake forms, health information, and parent and teacher questionnaires to determine where to put the information in your report. When a parent or teacher completes a form (or you complete it with them) the information automatically goes to the correct section of the report. Evalubox also has forms for to include Assessment Impressions, Recommendations, and Goals that appear in your report as well.
- What if the template provided by Evalubox does not meet the needs of my school?
- Evalubox provides the ultimate flexibility for your templates. You can use the templates provided, modify the ones provided, or create your own from scratch.
- What is an evaluation record and what is an evaluation report?
- An evaluation record is any evaluation that you have initiated by entering a student's or client’s name. An evaluation is counted as a report when you enter your assessment impressions, make recommendations, or create a report.
- Will I still have to have different template versions for different genders?
No, you only need one version of your template. In the intake information section you select the pronouns you want to use throughout your report for each student.
- Once I create a report, am I able to edit any of the information in the report that is generated?
Yes, the report that is generated is fully editable.
- Can I have more than one template in Evalubox?
Yes, for example, many of us have different templates for different ages. After entering your child’s information, you choose the template you want to use.
- Can we have all of the evaluations for our district on one system or does each SLP have a separate system?
You can do it either way. Individual SLPs can have their own account or a district can have an account with all evaluations in one place. The system can be set so that SLPs see only the evaluations that have been assigned to them and administrators can see all of the evaluations.
- What if I don’t have all of the information I need in my forms but I want to go ahead and get started on my report?
You can go ahead and get started on your report. Any fields that do not have information in them will appear in the generated report as a yellow placeholder with the field name inside of it. If you are waiting on specific information, you will want to leave the placeholder there. If you do not need the information in your report, simply delete the placeholder. Once you do put the information in your forms and want to add it to your report, just click Update Report and the new information in the forms will appear in your report.
- What if I finalize a report in PDF format and then someone asks me to change something. Can I do that?
Yes, you can always go back and change things. Once you do, you just need to generate a new PDF after you’ve made your changes.
- Can I bring my existing templates into Evalubox?
Yes, you can copy and paste your template into Evalubox and then add your place holders. For example, if you used to use Find and Replace for Student, Teacher, and pronouns, you simply highlight the word you want to replace with a placeholder, then use the dropdown menus to find and click on the placeholder you want to use. The dropdown menu categories include: Evaluation, Student, Examiner, Parent Report, Teacher Report, Health, Assessment Tools, Language Exposure, Impressions after assessment, and Recommendations. Evalubox makes creating and using existing templates easy.
- What do I do if I need help?
- We provide customer support in multiple ways. We offer regular virtual meeting calls where you can join us to get questions answered or just learn more about the things you can accomplish in Evalubox. We do webinars to teach you more about the tool. We also have an in-app chat feature for when you encounter a question in the middle of an evaluation. And, you can always send us an email. We deeply value customer feedback and prioritize your requests in our roadmap.
- How is Evalubox compliant with HIPAA and FERPA requirements?
The Evalubox system was designed with end-to-end encryption, password protection, and automatic logout when idle to comply with HIPAA and FERPA standards. For our customers that are HIPAA-covered entities, we maintain HIPAA-compliant business associate agreements. For our customers and service providers in the schools, we are subject to laws specific to students, such as the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. We designed a high security system to keep patient and client information safe. Learn more about Learn more about how we protect the privacy of student evaluation records.